With Oliasoft WellDesign there’s no need to rely on engineering calculations made at the planning phase: our flexible application allows you to make decisions when operations are underway.
Oliasoft WellDesign supports a range of real-time use cases, including:
- Real-time trajectories
- Real-time anti-collision
- Real-time casing design (safety factors, kick tolerances)
- Real-time blowout & kill simulations
- Real-time torque & drag, hydraulics, surge & swab
When a well is set up in Oliasoft WellDesign, an ‘as drilled’ version can be automatically created, allowing the well’s engineering components to be calculated in real-time. Use cases for WellDesign’s real-time capabilities include:
- Real-time trajectory calculations
- Distance of actual from planned trajectories
- Functionality for getting back on plan (project to target)
- Real-time anti-collision (separation factors)
- Real-time updated casing/tubing design calculations (safety factors)
- Real-time updated blowout & kill results
Oliasoft WellDesign can update designs and monitor critical design parameters in response to a real-time data streams from operations. By connecting their drilling suite to Oliasoft WellDesign’s APIs, Nabors Industries can perform real-time anti-collision and error modelling, generating continually updated statistical safety factors that minimize the possibility of collisions with adjacent well-bores.