Oliasoft’s Blowout & Kill Simulation Module is based on Statoil’s work with IRIS (International research Institute of Stavanger) on its blowout engine BlowFlow.
The BlowFlow engine calculates probabilistic scenarios for blowout rates and durations, in line with Norsk Olje & Gass recommendations related to both well design and environmental risk analysis.
In addition, Oliasoft’s WellKill engine simulates dynamic kill rates for a variety of fluid densities for both off-bottom-injection and relief-well kill-scenarios.
Oliasoft offers both upper and lower kill limits using zero-derivative and finite volume solutions, presented in industry standard formats to determine if the kill operation is possible with one or more injection points.
- Stochastic input of reservoir parameters (triangle, three point mean, uniform, log-normal, and Gaussian correlations)
- Multiple reservoir definitions for both 2-phase oil and gas and gas condensate fluid characteristics
- Fluid impurities, such as CO2, N2, and H2S
- A variety of inflow models available, such as oil, gas, fractured reservoirs, and explicit definition of PI and IPR
- Vasquez-Beggs, Standing, De-Ghetto, Lee, Lee modified, and Egbogah PVT and viscosity models
- Hagedorn-Brown, Beggs & Brill, Orkiszewski and Gray multiphase flow correlations
- Stochastically limit blowout duration by incorporating probabilities for capping, bridging and coning well kill mechanisms
- Zero derivative and finite volume dynamic kill methods for both off-bottom and relief-well kill
- Automated model selection based on well configuration (vertical, horizontal, deep/shallow, etc.)
- Full probabilistic event model, covering blowout exit paths (subsea/surface), flow paths (string, annulus, open hole) and partially and fully penetrated reservoirs, in line with Norsk Olje & Gass recommendations for compliance with NORSOK D-010